Saturday, January 17, 2015

Great Cave Squig


My goal was to create my own version of this:
 

A Night Goblin hero with a fantastic animal (?) as a mount, starting from this:

A Warhammer 40,000 model depicting a humanoid alien riding a gorilla-noid alien with an anti-tank rifle mounted on its back.

Okay, pushing that envelope. Here are the earliest WIP shots I have...




As you can see, he's on another of my budget 40x40 mm bases.

 The Krootox (gorilla) had been painted but I didn't care and just sculpted right over it. It's haunches had already been built up with brown-stuff years before when it was intended to be a Chaos Spawn, but that was never fully realized.

He is standing on a bit of ripped up cork-board.

The dopey little saddle was inspired by Yoshi...
The rider's legs came from the (now dated) Goblin Wolfriders multi-part plastic kit. 

His torso, with its snazzy leather jacket came from a Gorkamorka era Ork Warbuggie gunner:


Here's what it looked like a bit later...



Here are some more recent WIP shots....


 The smaller curved tusks started as bows, and were shaved down with a razor.

The larger ones came from this piece (that I that I had like ten of) from the multi-part plastic Orc Boyz kit:


Here is the finished piece. Note the extra long spear with dangling human hand serving as a "carrot" to entice the beast to run. I still need to put sand on the base and I don't know whether I'll end up priming it or what, so I'll be posting more/better shots later.



No comments:

Post a Comment